The Council for Teacher Education (CTE) aims to provide leadership in teacher education and teacher development.
- To strengthen teacher education programmes in the state.
- To promote CTE projects and motivate new members to join CTE and to associate with NGO's and Government agencies dealing with teacher education.
- To recommend CTE members for participation in national and international conferences.
- To invite and honour in the CTE state conference all the teachers who have been awarded Ph.D. in Education.
- To promote exchange of teacher educators as visiting professors in other states to give the benefit of their expertise to students and teachers in the colleges of education.
- To give special attention to Secondary Teachers education in the State.
- To coordinate and engage in research activities on teacher education.
- To foster professional development of teacher educators.
- To assist in the development of both pre-service and in-service programmes.